Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Anime to watch update 2.

The more of the new anime I watch, the more I realize that just like Western television, anime seasons will present a slew of new and continuing shows and only 1 out of maybe 10 will be good. Quite a few more cuts from the list, if you don't see me talk about an anime then it's safe to assume that I'm probably not watching it anymore.

Tokyo Ghoul

Status: 
I think more than anything, this series has surprised me. It's not often that we deal with the idea of people getting eaten....well we used to not have to think about that until Attack on Titan came around. Not only that but it promises to have some very awesome fight scenes. Really hope this one is around for a while. 

Tokyo ESP

Status: Has no good images for me to use as a status picture! Still good though. 

This one I'm still on the fence, mainly due to the fact that it feels like we have two first episodes. Official episode 1 shows us a terrorist attack on Christmas and episode 2 shows us when the main character gets her powers. A lot has yet to be established so I'm still trying to figure out what type of show this one is going to be. Looking forward to it though. 


Argevollen

Status: 
I made it through three episodes of this show and I can safely say that I will not be watching this one any more. There where three things about this show that made me dislike it. 
1. Cliche Main Character
       If you've watched any TV during the last 10 years, you already know the main character of this anime. He's the green soldier who doesn't understand war and goes out of his way to try to save everyone. Been there. Done that. Boring.
2. My robot connects to my mind!
       Again, another major plot point that we've seen a million times before. NEXT!
3. WHY DO THESE PEOPLE NEVER FACE ANY CONSEQUENCES!
       Tokimune, the main character, disobeys direct orders so often, I often wonder how this army stayed together in the first place. I've never been in the army myself but even I know that if you disobey a direct order, that's grounds for court martial. But it NEVER HAPPENS! If these characters can get away with so much, what's the point of these laws anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment