Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Anime to watch summer 2014

If you're even remotely interested in Anime, it can be hard to decide what to watch. I'll give you a quick guide to the anime I'll be watching this summer.

Momo Kyun Sword


For those of you who don't know the story of Momotaros, I'll give a quick run down. Momotaros is a boy born from a Peach that flows down river. The boy grows up to become a famous swordsman. Normally, Momo is portrayed as a man but this anime decides to portray Momo as a girl. That part was the first to make me interested in this anime. The second was the high abundance of hot shirtless ogre men.
Yum!
Finally, this anime just looks cute. One thing that did make me laugh was the oddly peach shaped size of Momo's breasts.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!
This one is quite the mouthful but it's the second season of a show I have yet to watch, so technically I'll be watching the first season. This is a sort of an alternate reality to Fate/Stay Night, another anime I need to catch up on, that puts the characters as Magical Girls. I figured I should give this one a try since the only magical girl anime I watch is Sailor Moon....speaking of.

Sailor Moon Crystal
Yeah, anybody who has been reading my blog knew this was coming. NEXT!

Argevollen

From what I see, it looks like a pretty typical robot anime but I'm trying to watch more of this genra. Which reminds me, I need to catch up on Captain Earth.

Aldnoah.Zero
Unfortunately no video for this one but it's about martians vs humans so that's always fun. 

Rail Wars
Trains are huuuuuge in Japan. Like super huge. I mean, the newest Super Sentai is Train themed.
This one is about a security guard on a railway system that was never privatized. I like the animation so I'll give it a shot.

Akame Ga Kill!

This one is about awesome people with awesome hair doing awesome things. Well okay, there is also something about becoming an assassin and taking down the evil empire.

Sword Art Online II
If you haven't seen the first season of Sword Art Online, you need to go watch it. No seriously, go watch it. Like now. Minimize this window and go over to Hulu or Crunchy Roll. Watch Acell World to while your at it. They take place in the same universe.......seriously, go do it now. 

DRAMAtical Murder
This one is about a boy who gets forced into some online battle. Normally that alone would be kind par for the cource for me but when I saw that it was also classified under yaoi, I was intrigued.

Terror in Resonance
This one I'm a little bit on the fence on. Something about a terrorist attack and these two kids that are going to release there evil plans or something.


Tokyo Ghoul

Blood. Lots and lots of blood. The basic premises here is that a boy who nearly gets killed gets an organ transplant. Apparently that organ belonged to a supernatural creature that eats humans though. Fun for the whole family.

Black Butler: Book of Circus
If you haven't watched the original Black Butler, I highly recommend it. In the shadow of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, this series is supposed to more closely follow the manga. 

Yamishibai 2
Would have to watch the first season of this one to but it looks interesting. Tells the story of Japanese folklore using cut away animation style.

Persona 4: The Golden Animation
Based on the Vita version of Persona 4. If you haven't seen the original anime, I highly recommend checking it out on Hulu

Re:_Hamatora Yet another I'll need to go watch the original season. Apparently its like X-men meets a detective agency.



Now of course there are a lot more out there that I didn't mention. If your interested in looking at more, I'll post a link to a few sites with more info. As always, please leave a comment about what series you are excited for or what series you think I should be watching. Also make sure to hit the share button. It really helps. Also make sure to follow me on Twitter or Google + for future updates as they happen as well as random bits of whit.

Kotaku Complete Summer List
Funimation Summer Simlecast Schedule
CrunchyRoll Summer Lineup

No comments:

Post a Comment