Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

When did E3 become a pre-order show?

I decided to take a look at the PlayStation store today after watching a very entertaining video by Pro Jared, I wanted to see if Legend of Legaia was available for digital download. I was quickly greeted by this!
Now I can understand that E3 just ended and a few people might be a little excited about some games that will be coming out, but dedicating your money to products that aren't even finished? Calm your pants people. Sony won't even let you cancel or change that pre-order. If the game gets canceled or pushed back, you're out of luck. Trust me, it's in the user agreement. I used to tell rightfully angry customers this on a regular basis when I was working as a PlayStation phone support agent. At least at GameStop, you can cancel that pre-order and put it towards something else.

Speaking of Gamestop...
My point is that we as consumers really need to wait to here all the facts before making snap judgments like buying a game. $60 is not cheap, especially in this economy. I would even go so far as to say that laying down your cash this early in a games life span is down right stupid. There are all sorts of things that can go wrong in a games development cycle. Games get pushed back or cancelled all the time.
Not only that, but many titles come out buggy to the point of being unplayable and won't get fixed tell weeks later. You know, after they are done rolling around in all the money they got from pre-orders.


No comments:

Post a Comment